News for June 2012
The TTC is the better way to travel this Canada Day long weekend
June 28, 2012
This Canada Day, use the TTC to attend celebrations taking place across the city and GTA
- Change in time for June 29 TTC Commission meeting
June 22, 2012 - The TTC Commission meeting on Friday, June 29 will start at 9 a.m., with the public portion beginning at 10 a.m., instead of the usual start time of 1 p.m.
- TTC 510 Spadina route to be replaced by buses starting Monday
June 14, 2012 - The Toronto Transit Commission’s 510 Spadina streetcar route will undergo major investment and renewal work this summer
- TTC partners with Ryerson University for customer service study
June 13, 2012 - The Toronto Transit Commission, in partnership with Ryerson University, today announced a new research study
- Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension first twin tunnels section completed
June 11, 2012 - TORONTO — The Honourable Julian Fantino, Associate Minister of National Defence and Member of Parliament for Vaughan; along with His Worship Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto; York Region Chairman and CEO Bill Fisch; and Toronto Transit Commission Chair Karen Stintz, today participated in an event to mark the completion of the first 1.6 kilometres of twin tunnels for the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE).
- Two men have received jail sentences for two separate assaults on TTC employees.
June 8, 2012 - Two men have received jail sentences for two separate assaults on TTC employees.
- Take a TTC trip back in time
June 7, 2012 - TTC customers have a chance to take a ride into history on the vintage PCC streetcar, which makes its return to the 509 Harbourfront streetcar route this summer.
- Arbitrator reaches decision on TTC collective agreement
June 5, 2012 - The arbitrator selected to rule on a new collective agreement between the Toronto Transit Commission and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 113 provided a written decision and notice of award to both parties yesterday, June 4.
- Full TTC subway service resumes
June 1, 2012 - Full TTC subway service resumes
- No TTC subway service from Bloor to Osgoode stations for remainder of afternoon rush hour
June 1, 2012 - Due to flooding conditions at the TTC’s Union Station, there will be no subway service between Bloor and Osgoode stations for the remainder of the afternoon rush hour period.
- TTC holds next town hall June 9
June 1, 2012 - The Toronto Transit Commission will hold its next town hall on Saturday, June 9 from 12:30-3 p.m. at the Scarborough Civic Centre, a short walk from Scarborough Centre Station on the Scarborough Rapid Transit line.