News for November 2011
Annual yuletide toy drive aims to stuff six TTC buses
November 30, 2011
On December 3 and 4, 2011, TTC employees will be holding the annual Stuff-the-Bus toy drive at participating Walmart stores across Toronto.
- TTC service changes for January 2012
November 24, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced various route changes that flow from its approved 2012 operating budget, which will enable the TTC to balance its budget with a reduced subsidy from the City of Toronto without cutting routes or hours of operation.
- TTC adjusts subway service on Bloor-Danforth line this weekend
November 22, 2011 - Due to track and switch work near St. George Station, the TTC will be re-routing trains from November 26 to November 27
- Man sentenced to 36 days in jail for assault on TTC employee
November 21, 2011 - A 20-year-old man was sentenced to 36 days in jail last Friday for assault
- TTC holds first town hall meeting, Nov. 24
November 21, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission will hold its first town hall meeting this Thursday, Nov. 24
- Kids 12 and under wearing ‘red noses’ ride TTC free to Santa Claus parade
November 16, 2011 - Kids under 12 wearing ‘red noses’ ride TTC free to Santa Claus parade
- TTC to address Parliamentary committee on a National Transit Strategy
November 16, 2011 - The Chief General Manager of the Toronto Transit Commission, Gary Webster, will address the Standing Committee of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities of the House of Commons
- TTC Operator’s fatherly instincts take over
November 11, 2011 - A TTC Operator has been awarded the Stand Up For Kids Award by the Children’s Aid Societies of Toronto
- Man sentenced to 45 days in jail for assault on TTC employee
November 10, 2011 - A 29-year-old man was sentenced to 45 days in jail on Tuesday for breach of probation and uttering death threats against a TTC employee.
- Late Sunday opening of TTC University subway line
November 9, 2011 - The University subway line will not begin service until 2 p.m. this Sunday, November 13.
- Canadian war vets and peacekeepers ride the TTC for free on Remembrance Day
November 7, 2011 - On Remembrance Day, decorated Canadian war and peacekeeping veterans can ride the TTC for free.