News for March 2011
TTC to divert during final reconstruction of Roncesvalles Avenue
March 25, 2011
On sunday, march 27, work associated with the reconstruction of roncesvalles avenue, including the final phase of the overall streetscaping aspect of the project, including curbs and trees, and the relocation of a gas line, will result in no streetcar service on roncesvalles avenue.
- TTC Metropasses, Weekly Passes are tax deductible
March 25, 2011 - The TTC reminds customers that monthly and weekly transit passes are eligible for a federal income tax credit.
- Canadian Red Cross to accept cash donations for Japan relief efforts at TTC subway stations
March 23, 2011 - Canadian Red Cross volunteers will be at several TTC subway stations on Thursday, March 24 and Friday, March 25 from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. to collect cash donations for the Japan relief effort.
- TTC to close portion of Yonge subway for weekend track work
March 22, 2011 - To undertake this work, the TTC will close the Yonge line from Union Station to Bloor Station this coming weekend, Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27. Regular subway service will resume on Monday, March 28.
- TTC appoints Chief Customer Service Officer
March 21, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced the appointment of Chris Upfold as the TTC’s first Chief Customer Service Officer.
- Section of TTC Spadina subway line opens late on Sunday
March 18, 2011 - On Sunday, March 20, track work on the Spadina subway line, between St. George and St. Clair West Stations, will result in no subway service until 2 p.m.
- Make the most of March Break with the TTC Family/Group Day Pass
March 17, 2011 - The TTC is the better way to enjoy the remainder of March Break.
- Enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and March Break with the TTC Family/Group Day Pass
March 11, 2011 - The TTC is the better way to enjoy this Sunday’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade and March Break next week.
- TTC subway track work affects portions of Spadina line this weekend
March 10, 2011 - This weekend, on Saturday, March 12 and Sunday, March 13, work associated with the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension will be conducted at Downsview Station. In addition, On Sunday, March 13, track work on the Spadina subway line, between St. George and St. Clair West Stations, will result in no subway service until 2 p.m. Trains will turn back at St. George (southbound only) and at St. Clair West (northbound only).