News for June 2011
Rocket your way on TTC to Canada Day celebrations
June 29, 2011
No matter where you plan to celebrate Canada’s 144th birthday, the ttc is the better way to Canada Day fireworks and festivities on Friday, July 1.
June 24, 2011 - Work associated with the reconstruction of Roncesvalles Avenue has been completed ahead of schedule.
- Late Sunday subway opening on portion of TTC Bloor-Danforth line
June 24, 2011 - On Sunday, June 26, subway service on the Bloor-Danforth line between St. George and Pape stations will start at 12 noon, instead of 9 a.m.
- TTC driver Transit Community Watcher of the year
June 21, 2011 - TTC bus Operator Sherry Newton has been selected as the TTC’s Community Watcher of the Year
- Moving Forward On The Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown
June 21, 2011 - A new community office opening today will help local residents stay informed of progress on the Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown Light Rail Transit (LRT).
- Three more TTC bus routes becomes accessible, bike friendly
June 20, 2011 - The TTC introduced three more accessible bus routes to its surface network.
- Tunnel boring for Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension begins
June 17, 2011 - Event to officially start tunnel boring construction for the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) project.
- TTC, Distress Centres of Toronto, Bell Canada partner in new suicide prevention program
June 16, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission, in partnership with Distress Centres of Toronto and Bell Canada, today announced a new initiative to help prevent subway suicides and offer hope to those at-risk of suicide on Toronto’s subway system.
- TTC announces ‘Crisis Link’
June 16, 2011 - TTC Chair Karen Stintz, Distress Centres of Toronto Executive Director Karen Letofsky, and Bell Canada Vice President of Sales Richard Sheppard, will announce a new subway suicide prevention program tomorrow called “Crisis Link.”
- TTC will not mail July Metropass due to Canada Post disruptions
June 14, 2011 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced it will not mail the July Metropass to its 48,000 Metropass Discount Plan (MDP) subscribers due to ongoing labour disruptions at Canada Post.
- TTC eco-friendly facts for your clean-air commute on June 8
June 8, 2011 - TTC customers are making every day a clean-air day in Toronto
- TTC’s vintage streetcar a great way to see Harbourfront on Sundays
June 3, 2011 - TTC customers have a chance to take a ride into history on the vintage PCC streetcar
- Visit the TTC display at the People In Motion show
June 2, 2011 - The TTC will display a low-floor accessible bus and have an information booth at People in Motion 2011
There are no major disruptions at this time.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.