News for May 2010
Planned TTC service impacts during G20 Summit
May 28, 2010
The Toronto Transit Commission will be operating regularly scheduled service during the G20 Summit, with only minor surface route diversions planned.
- Public invited to tour TTC Mount Dennis Bus Garage and Greenwood Shop during Doors Open Toronto
May 28, 2010 - The TTC will be opening two of its doors this Saturday, May 29, as part of Doors Open Toronto.
- TTC receives ‘Notice to Proceed’ for the Finch West LRT project
May 27, 2010 - The Toronto Transit Commission has received the Minister of the Environment's ‘Notice to Proceed’ for the Finch West LRT.
- TTC to close portion of Yonge subway early
May 27, 2010 - Due to rail grinding operations, the TTC will close a section of the Yonge subway at midnight, each night from Saturday, May 29 to Thursday, June 3.
- TTC subway musician audition dates
May 20, 2010 - The 32nd Annual TTC Subway Musicians’ Auditions are just around the corner.
- TTC receives ‘Notice to Proceed’ for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project
May 20, 2010 - The Toronto Transit Commission has received the Minister of the Environment's ‘Notice to Proceed’ for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT.
- TTC adjusts subway service during weekend track work
May 19, 2010 - Due to track and switch work near St. George Station, the TTC will be re-routing trains from May 22 to May 24 on the Bloor-Danforth line.
- “Toronto: meet your new ride” TTC launches public consultation for new light rail vehicle design
May 10, 2010 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced the launch of a consultation program, inviting customers, Toronto residents and transit enthusiasts to learn about and get involved in designing its new fleet of low floor, accessible light rail vehicles.
- TTC increases service on many routes to summer attractions PCC streetcar to run on Harbourfront line Sundays
May 7, 2010 - The Toronto Transit Commission is making it easier for customers to attend summer events in the city by increasing service on many popular routes, starting Sunday, May 9:
- TTC board authorizes staff to develop cost-effective lease with Build Toronto
May 6, 2010 - Toronto Transit Commission board members, today, authorized TTC staff to begin work on a framework for a long-term lease of office space in a building owned by Build Toronto at 4050 Yonge St.
- TTC statement regarding office consolidation
May 5, 2010 - At tomorrow’s regularly-scheduled meeting of the Toronto Transit Commission, a confidential report will be considered that lays out the framework for an agreement to explore a long-term lease arrangement between the TTC and Build Toronto at 4050 Yonge St.
- Queen streetcar service to turn back during track work
May 2, 2010 - The TTC will be conducting streetcar track repairs in the Neville Loop from Monday, May 3, to Friday, May 7.
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.