TTC New Year’s Eve service free after midnight, Jan. 1
December 15, 2010
The Toronto Transit Commission will offer free service after midnight this New Year’s Eve, in addition to extending subway and most surface route service to 4 a.m., TTC Chair Karen Stintz announced today.
“I am pleased to announce that the TTC will, once again, offer free service after midnight on January 1. While the TTC has traditionally sought sponsorship to cover the costs of this free service, I believe our public transit system can, and should, do its part to help curb impaired driving, while also demonstrating to our riders the TTC’s very real commitment to improved customer service – this is one such measure,” said Stintz.
- Details of the TTC’s New Year’s Eve service are as follows:
- Reduced morning peak period service on Dec. 31
- Reduced afternoon peak-period service, operating from noon to 5 p.m. on Dec. 31
- Subway and most surface route service extended until approximately 4 a.m., Sat., Jan.1
- Last trains on the Yonge-University-Spadina Subway leave Union Station at 3:30 a.m. for
Finch Station and 3:34 a.m. for Downsview Station.
- Last trains on the Bloor-Danforth Subway leave Bloor-Yonge Station at 3:37 a.m. for Kipling Station and at 3:37 a.m. for Kennedy Station.
- Last train on the Scarborough RT leaves Kennedy Station at 4:05 a.m. for McCowan Station.
- Last train on the Sheppard Subway leaves Sheppard-Yonge Station at 3:58 a.m. for Don Mills Station.
On Sat., Jan. 1, 2011, the TTC will operate on a Sunday service schedule. Subway and most surface routes will begin operating at 9 a.m.
View all articles from December
The TTC issues news releases and media advisories to local, national and international news media by email.
The public can also receive news from the TTC. Simply register with My TTC e-Services or update your existing profile and select news releases, as well as media advisories
Like us on
View the TTC YouTube Channel
Connect with us every day to get service advisories and updates.