News for November 2009
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario orders TTC to release suicide statistics
November 26, 2009
The Toronto Transit Commission has been ordered to release subway suicide statistics from 1998 to 2007 under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- TTC introduces temporary adult ticket. Token sales halted until new year.
November 22, 2009 - The Toronto Transit Commission is introducing a temporary adult ticket starting tomorrow, November 23, and suspending all token sales until Jan. 3, 2010.
- Correction 2010 TTC Fares
November 18, 2009 - Yesterday, the Toronto Transit Commission approved a fare increase, effective January 3, 2010.
- TTC statement on token sale restrictions
November 13, 2009 - As the demand for tokens continues unabated, the Toronto Transit Commission asks for the public’s patience and understanding as it works to ensure tokens are available for all TTC customers.
- Get your Family/Day Pass early for the Santa Claus Parade
November 13, 2009 - The 105th Santa Claus Parade takes place this Sunday, and the TTC is the better way to arrive along the parade route.
- TTC vehicles pause for two minutes to honour Canada’s veterans
November 10, 2009 - The TTC will join in honouring the nation’s veterans tomorrow morning, November 11, by bringing all of its vehicles to a halt at 11 a.m.
- TTC limits token sales to 5 per customer
November 9, 2009 - The Toronto Transit Commission is experiencing a large demand for tokens. As a result, effective immediately, the TTC will limit the number of token sales to 5 per customer.
- Canadian war vets and peacekeepers can ride the TTC for free on Remembrance Day
November 9, 2009 - On Wednesday, November 11, Remembrance Day, decorated Canadian war and peacekeeping veterans will be able to ride the TTC for free.
- TTC to limit token sales effective immediately
November 6, 2009 - The Toronto Transit Commission today announced it will limit the number of token sales to 10 per customer at all collector booths and one per customer at Token Vending Machines at its automatic entrances, only, where there is no collector on duty.
- TTC staff to recommend 2010 fare increase to Commission
November 4, 2009 - As part of its 2010 Operating Budget submission, Toronto Transit Commission staff will propose to its Commission a 2010 fare increase at its Nov. 17 meeting.
- TTC Commission Meeting date changed to November 17
November 2, 2009 - The TTC Commission Meeting, scheduled to take place on Wednesday, November 25, has been changed to Tuesday, November 17.