News for August 2008
More TTC Bus Routes Now Accessible
August 28, 2008
The TTC is introducing six more accessible bus routes, starting on Sunday, August 31.
- TTC is Making it The Better Way to Bike it
August 28, 2008 - The TTC will introduce 19 more bike-friendly routes, starting this Sunday, August 31.
- TTC and Toronto EMS Launch Paramedic Pilot Project
August 26, 2008 - In 2007, the TTC experienced more than 4,000 incidents of customers or employees becoming ill or injured on subway trains or in subway stations.
- TTC Recommends Discussions with Three Streetcar Builders
August 26, 2008 - Toronto Transit Commission staff, tomorrow, will seek approval from Commissioners to enter into a multi-phase bid process with three known and proven manufactures of low-floor light rail vehicles: Alstom Transportation Inc., Bombardier Transportation Canada Inc., and Siemens Canada Limited.
- Decorated Canadian War Veterans and Peacekeepers Ride the TTC for Free on Warriors’ Day
August 14, 2008 - On saturday, august 16 (the 87th annual warriors’ day at the cne) canadian veterans of war and peacekeeping missions can ride the ttc free of charge.
- TTC Adding More Buses and Streetcars to the CNE
August 12, 2008 - The TTC will be running extra buses and streetcars on all routes heading to the Canadian National Exhibition.
- These are your TTC Taste of the Danforth stations: Broadview, Chester, Pape, Donlands
August 6, 2008 - As a service to your readers, listeners and viewers, who are planning to visit the 15th Annual Taste of the Danforth, Aug. 8-10, the TTC would like to pass along this transit tip: leave your car at home, or at any one of the TTC’s free weekend commuter parking lots, and take the subway.