TTC fares posted at point of purchase are final.
Buses or streetcars - You need a ticket, token, pass, transfer or exact cash on buses and streetcars - Operators do not sell fares or carry change.
The PRESTO electronic fare devices that are seen and located in select TTC subway stations are the sole responsibility of PRESTO.
How to pay your fare
Proof of age or photo ID must be shown when paying your fare:
- Post-Secondary Students must show a Post-Secondary TTC Photo ID along with a Post-Secondary Student Metropass;
- Students between 13 and 15 years of age, no identification is required;
- Students between 16 and 19 years old, need to carry appropriate identification such as High School photo ID or Government issued photo ID e.g. Drivers Licence or Ontario Photo Card;
- Seniors may show a TTC Senior Photo ID, a Driver's Licence or an Ontario Photo Card;
- Children may be required to show a TTC Proof of Age card.
The TTC Photo ID Facility is located at Sherbourne subway station.
Where to buy your fare
You can buy tickets, tokens, or passes at Subway Station Collector Booths.
Pass Vending Machines (PVM) are located in select subway stations and allow you to purchase passes by debit card.
Token Vending Machines (TVM) are located in most subway stations and at Automatic Entrances.
Authorized TTC Fare Media Sellers across Toronto and the GTA are authorized by the TTC to sell TTC fares from their regular retail outlets.
Available fare types and payment method may vary by location.
When to buy your fare
Monthly passes (includes Adult, Post-Secondary and Senior/ Student Metropass, and the Downtown Express Monthly Sticker): on sale from the 24th day of the month prior, until the fourth business day of the month for which the pass will be used (available until the 15th of the month at Davisville and Bloor-Yonge stations).
Weekly passes (includes Adult and Senior/Student Weekly Pass, and the GTA Weekly Pass): on sale from the previous Thursday, until the Tuesday of the week for which the pass will be used.