About Your Student Discount Card
This card must be shown to TTC employees when using a student fare.
Conditions of Use
These "Conditions of Use" appear on the back of your Student Discount Photo ID Card.
- This card must be shown to TTC employees when using a student fare.
- This card is only valid if the student is 19 years of age or under as of September 3, 2013, is enrolled full-time in an eligible elementary, secondary or home school, as determined in accordance with TTC policy (referred to as "School"), and (a) the School is located in the City of Toronto or the Regions of York, Peel, Halton or Durham; or (b) the student's primary residence is located in the City of Toronto.
- This card is not transferable. This card remains the property of the TTC and must be surrendered upon request for inspection. It may be confiscated if the holder violates TTC By-Law No. 1 or alters the card in any way. The card will not be returned and you may not apply for a new one.
- Post-secondary school students may not use the card.
When are the 2013-2014 Secondary Student Photo ID Cards available at the Sherbourne Station Photo ID Facility?
The Secondary Student Photo ID Cards will be available on Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
How to get your Student Discount Card
If you are a secondary school student in Durham, Halton, Peel or York Region, you can travel on the TTC at the same reduced rate as students attending schools within Toronto. To take advantage of this offer, you need to have your TTC Student Discount Card photo taken at the central Photo ID facility. This is the same requirement as for Toronto secondary school students.
- Get a Student Discount Card application form from your school office.
- Bring your completed form (signed by your school principal or vice-principal), your Student ID card and proof of age to the TTC's central Photo ID facility.
- Summer Procedure - June 4 until Labour Day: Students must bring to the Sherbourne Photo ID facility a signed application form or their latest term report card, with proof of age and a current activity card.
- Your Student Discount Card will be mailed back to your school for you to pickup, usually within 7 - 10 days.
If you need further information, please call TTC Customer Service at 416-393-INFO.
Eligible Toronto and Durham, Halton, Peel & York Region students - You can apply for a Student Discount Card if:
- You are between 13 and 19 years old inclusive.
- You are enrolled in an elementary, intermediate or secondary school located within the City of Toronto or Durham, Halton, Peel & York Region.
- Also eligible are students between 13 and 19 years of age whose primary residence is in Toronto, but who are in full-time day attendance at an approved educational institution outside the City.
Note: TTC children's fares are available to students 12 years of age and under. A Student Discount Card is not required for students 12 years old or younger as TTC children's fares are applicable.
How to use your Student Discount Student Discount Card (Toronto and Durham, Halton, Peel & York Region secondary students):
- Once you have your Student Discount Card you may ride the TTC's transit system at the reduced student price.
- You can buy student fares at all TTC subway Collector booths.
- See Fares & Passes for details and pricing.