PRESTO Fare System
Metrolinx and TTC developing a plan to accelerate rollout of PRESTO
Subject to approvals, TTC and Metrolinx have developed the following program:
- Mobilizing TTC and Metrolinx resources and vendors to complete enabling work as quickly as possible.
- PRESTO will be available at 26 subway stations by July 2015, up from the current 15 stations.
- By the end of 2015 all legacy streetcars would have PRESTO devices installed on their front doors. Accomplishing this involves Metrolinx receiving support from the TTC to divert the equipment scheduled for the new streetcars, which have been delayed, to the existing, legacy streetcars.
- A plan to enable PRESTO on the TTC bus fleet is being developed with the TTC so that PRESTO cards can be used on all buses by the end of 2016.
- The TTC is also working to bring brand new fare gates to all TTC stations.
- Focusing the initial deployment on base PRESTO services currently available on the other transit services, and adding other functions, such as payment by credit and debit cards, to subsequent releases.
- The objective is to allow customers to be able to use PRESTO cards at all 69 TTC subway stations and throughout the entire TTC by the end of 2016.
Metrolinx and the TTC are committed to ensuring that PRESTO is delivered across the TTC system as quickly as possible while maintaining quality and ensuring a positive customer experience.
For more information about PRESTO and TTC, please visit www.getpres.to.
PRESTO is currently available at the following subway stations:
- Don Mills
- Queen’s Park
- St George
- St Patrick
- York Mills
The southeast entrance of College Stn is closed due to a Toronto Police investigation. Please utilize southwest and northeast entrances.
Last updated 9:34 AM
See where $11.00 can take you
The TTC Day Pass gives you unlimited one-day travel on all regular TTC services.
Get your Day Pass today
Connect with us every day.
You can plan your trip, get up-to-the-minute service information through e-alerts, and know for certain when the next vehicle will arrive at your stop with our online services.
Connect With Us and Stay Informed