Message from the Chief Safety Officer9/15/20 3:19 PM
Mandatory mask use policy update
In Toronto, over the last several weeks, we are seeing an increase in COVID-19 cases, which is concerning for all of us. As the Medical Officer of Health indicated last week, it isn’t a matter of if we’ll see more COVID-19 activity in our city, it’s a matter of when. We need to be vigilant in our actions to keep each other safe as we go to work, send our kids back to school, and spend more time inside as cooler weather arrives.
Mandatory use of face coverings or masks on the TTC and in indoor public spaces throughout Ontario has been in place since the beginning of July. The TTC is introducing further protective measures for its employees in response to the increase in ridership, reopening of schools, and the inevitable resurgence of COVID-19 infections in our community.
Starting on Thursday, September 17, 2020, face coverings or masks are mandatory in all shared TTC spaces, both indoors and outdoors. This also applies to Operators when they are behind the protective barrier or in the cab. It is important to remember that when you are wearing a mask or face covering it must cover your nose, mouth and chin, without gapping.
I would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation with this policy and for helping to continue stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Chief Safety Officer (acting)
Safety and Environment
September 15, 2020
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at email@example.com. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
From the Archives
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 14/09/2020
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 13/09/2020
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 04/09/2020
- Message from the Chief People Officer, 04/09/2020
- Vacation time and travel outside of Canada, 01/09/2020
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 31/08/2020
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 27/08/2020
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 19/08/2020
- COVID-19 Update: TTC employee tests positive, 08/08/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Contractor tests positive, 04/08/2020