Message from the Chief Safety Officer5/22/20 6:00 PM
Cloth masks and face coverings
Starting on May 19, 2020, the Province of Ontario began Stage One of its Framework for Reopening our Province, which saw a number of businesses and workplaces reopening. As a result, the TTC is expecting an increase in customers using the system. We are monitoring service levels and crowding closely, and we continue to take steps to ensure that we provide a safe environment for our employees and customers. The attached Safety Notice provides information on the use of cloth masks and face coverings for customers and TTC employees.
As of May 20, we began encouraging our customers to wear a cloth mask or face covering when travelling on the TTC. While it is not mandatory, it is a directive that is strongly encouraged by the federal, provincial and municipal governments. As employees, we also have a large role to play in demonstrating the actions we’re encouraging our customers to follow. Starting immediately, I strongly encourage you to wear a cloth mask or face covering when you are using the TTC to get to and from work, and while you are at work when physical distancing can’t be maintained.
Thank you for your continued support in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions, please speak with your Manager.
Chief Safety Officer (acting)
Safety and Environment
May 22, 2020
The Coupler wants to keep you connected
The Coupler invites all employees and pensioners to sign up for TTC news and headlines via our mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply send us an e-mail request from your personal e-mail address and include your full name, badge number or pensioner number and work location or home address. Note: personal information is for verification purposes only. Please call Senior Communications Advisor/Editor Mike DeToma at 416-393-3793, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information.
From the Archives
- Message from the Chief Safety Officer, 22/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Employee tests positive, 20/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Employee tests positive, 19/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Two more employees test positive, 18/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Employee tests positive, 16/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Another TTC employee tests positive, 15/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Another two TTC employees test positive, 14/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Two TTC employees tests positive, 13/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Another person tests positive, 09/05/2020
- COVID-19 Update: Three people test positive, 08/05/2020