Easier Access Program
The Runnymede and Keele Station Easier Access Construction Updates Open House was held on Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
The TTC held an open house to discuss the elevator construction plans at Runnymede and Keele stations. The TTC's Easier Access Program makes subway stations accessible.
Venue: Council Chamber - Swansea Town Hall
Address: 95 Lavinia Avenue, Toronto, ON M6S 3H9
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Please see the Open House Presentation
Cross Section Image of Station Elevators
The TTC’s Easier Access Program is making subway stations accessible. The TTC is currently working on Keele Station accessibility. Construction began in August 2019 and is expected to be completed in 2021.
This work will include:
- Barrier-free path from the main entrance to all levels of the station including installation of:
- Two elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- PRESTO-enabled accessible fare gates (already installed)
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
For construction updates, see our construction notices page.
For further information:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.
Senior Community Liaison
Toronto Transit Commission